1) Daytime Habits:
Daylight helps to set your wake/sleep internal clock.
2) Evening and Bedtime Habits:
3) Sleep Environment:
Tips for the sleep checklist:
How did you do?
If you couldn’t check off a lot of things, don’t get discouraged.
The idea behind this sleep checklist is to show you the many different things that can affect sleep and how many of them are in your control. This means you can actually do something about them.
We encourage you to:
- Start treating sleep as seriously as breathing and eating (yes, it’s really that important)
- Do something today
- Start working on what you can
- Work on developing lifelong habits for healthy sleep
Be sure to enlist the help of your partner or family as you make changes – people you spend a lot of time with can really help or hurt your progress:
- Be clear about what you need help with (going to bed on time, exercising, etc.)
- Let them know how important this is for your sleep and health
- Share with them how this can also help their sleep (this should be obvious, but sometimes gets taken for granted)
- Share with them how this will make things better for them during the day
We also encourage you to talk your doctor. Underlying sleep disorders and other health issues can really hurt your sleep even if you’re faithfully following the sleep checklist and have the best sleep habits in the world.
Finally, a sleep checklist is only as helpful as what you do with what you’ve learned.
So, start making changes today and keep learning about sleep!
Connect with us:
Better Sleep Simplified was founded as a place for insomnia sufferers to get clear and well-researched information.
Our goal is to make sure you know about your options so that you take action sooner rather than later.
Watch and Learn
Hear from experts, sleep specialists, people with insomnia, and others
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to them.
Important: BetterSleepSimplified.com is for informational purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult a physician for sleep and health concerns. See additional information.