A) Nasal Obstruction
- a hot shower before bed to help open nasal passages
- saline nasal sprays such as XLEAR or Ayr
- over-the-counter decongestants such as Allegra, Claritin, or Zyrtec
- over-the-counter steroid nasal sprays such as Flonase or Nasacort
- nasal strips such as Breathe Right to open nasal passages
- nose vents to open nasal passages such as SnoreCare or Gideon
- for allergies, changes to your diet or environment
B) Relaxed Tongue
- Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) move the jaw and tongue forward which also keeps airway tissues and muscles tightened
- Tongue Retaining Devices (TRD) hold the tongue forward so that the airway remains open
C) Open Mouth
Here are some more snoring treatments to try:
You can learn more about sleep hygiene here.
Learn more about CPAP treatment here.
Learn more about surgical options here.
Snoring Treatments: Things to Remember
- It’s a very common problem
- It’s caused when air flowing through the mouth or nose is obstructed
- Air movement can be obstructed due to issues with the nose, tongue, or mouth
- There’s a wide variety of treatments designed for different causes
- Habitual snoring may put you at risk for other life-threatening issues
Connect with us:
Better Sleep Simplified SM was founded as a place for you to get clear and well-researched information.
Our goal is to make sure you know about your options so that you take action sooner rather than later.
Find out what you're doing right and what to change
Watch and Learn
Hear from experts, sleep specialists, people with insomnia, and others
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to them.
Important: BetterSleepSimplified.com is for informational purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult a physician for sleep and health concerns. See additional information.