What is a CPAP Machine?
So, what is a CPAP machine?
- a motor to blow air
- a mask with straps that fits over your nose or both mouth & nose
- a tube to connect the blower to the mask
How do you get a CPAP machine?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of CPAP?
- most effective non-surgical treatment for sleep apnea
- reduced snoring
- more restful sleep
- improved daytime alertness and concentration
- reduced health risks for heart diseases, stroke, and diabetes
- improved mood
- machine noise
- mask irritation of eyes or skin for some people
- side effects which may include congestion, runny nose, dry mouth, or nosebleeds
- excessive gas or bloating
- some patients cannot tolerate CPAP and abandon it over time
Recap: What is a CPAP machine?
- A machine used to treat sleep breathing disorders
- It consists of a motor, hose, and air-breathing mask
- It’s currently the gold standard for treating obstructive sleep apnea
Connect with us:
Better Sleep Simplified® was founded as a place for you to get clear and well-researched information.
Our goal is to make sure you know about your options so that you take action sooner rather than later.
Check us out on YouTube:
Watch and Learn
Helpful sleep tips, interesting sleep facts and statistics you want to know about
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to them.
Important: BetterSleepSimplified.com is for informational purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult a physician for sleep and health concerns. See additional information.