What is a CPAP Machine?
So, what is a CPAP machine?
- a motor to blow air
- a mask with straps that fits over your nose or both mouth & nose
- a tube to connect the blower to the mask
How do you get a CPAP machine?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of CPAP?
- most effective non-surgical treatment for sleep apnea
- reduced snoring
- more restful sleep
- improved daytime alertness and concentration
- reduced health risks for heart diseases, stroke, and diabetes
- improved mood
- machine noise
- mask irritation of eyes or skin for some people
- side effects which may include congestion, runny nose, dry mouth, or nosebleeds
- excessive gas or bloating
- some patients cannot tolerate CPAP and abandon it over time
Recap: What is a CPAP machine?
- A machine used to treat sleep breathing disorders
- It consists of a motor, hose, and air-breathing mask
- It’s currently the gold standard for treating obstructive sleep apnea
Connect with us:
Better Sleep Simplified SM was founded as a place for you to get clear and well-researched information.
Our goal is to make sure you know about your options so that you take action sooner rather than later.
Watch and Learn
Hear from experts, sleep specialists, people with insomnia, and others
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to them.
Important: BetterSleepSimplified.com is for informational purposes only and is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult a physician for sleep and health concerns. See additional information.